Winners & Losers
Who are the winners and losers with Pension Freedom?
2015 pension rule change had many rushing to cash in their pension nest eggs at 55, but was it a good idea?
The changes made in 2015 to pension regulations, allowed UK Pension holders aged 55+ to access up to 100% of their Pension funds and take far greater control of their money, including how and when they took their pensions.
Our research over the past 11 years covering thousands of clients has shown that Pension Freedom has been a great benefit for some, but sadly, not for others and certainly shouldn’t be seen as an easy way to raise cash.
- Got advice from an FCA regulated firm, which ensured they didn’t pay any unnecessary tax on the money they released early
- Only invested their pension fund into FCA regulated investments, thus ensuring they weren’t a victim of a scam
- Ensured any death benefits were paid to those they loved
- Benefited and got peace of mind knowing the advice they were given meant they were protected, by law
- Had time to read the report they were sent without being hassled
- Given the freedom to ask technical questions and have them answered in a way they understood
- Anyone that transferred their funds to a high risk non-regulated scheme and saw the value drop, or even worse, were the victims of a scam losing their entire fund
- Took 100% of their pension without being told about the tax implications, then being hit with a significant and unexpected tax bill
- Cashed in all their pension without being given advice about the consequences; now having to rely on the state pension to provide for them during retirement
- Cashed in too much of their pension fund without advice, resulting in an unnecessary loss of their state benefits
How to avoid a Pension Scam
- Check that the firm you are taking advice from is FCA regulated. You can easily look them up on the FCA register
- Check how long they have been doing this for and ask what experience they have. Again, the FCA register will tell you their Status Effective Date
- Make sure the advice you receive is provided in writing and you are given time to digest that information, without being rushed or pressurised into making a rash decision
- Make sure you understand what you are doing and have been told about the downsides as well as the benefits – don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand. Even get a trusted friend or family member to look at the advice as well
- And be careful, if the investment advice sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t true. Only invest in FCA regulated investments
Why should I speak to Grove for Pension Release and Pension Transfer advice?
Grove Pension Solutions Ltd is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We have provided professional advice to thousands of people over the years.
Our service allows you to evaluate your Pension Freedom options without paying a penny. It’s only if you decide to go ahead with our recommendations that you pay a fee.
So why not Get Started today to receive your free pension freedom guide. If you read the guide and would like us to look into your pension freedom options, then simply complete the Enquiry Form at the back of the guide telling us what pensions you would like us to look into and post it back to us via FREEPOST.
You are under no obligation to go ahead with any of our recommendations if you don’t want to.
IT'S FREE TO KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
FREE NO OBLIGATION
Get started today and receive expert advice from Grove Pension Solutions
Initial consultation free
This was the best decision I have made. I cannot express how helpful Grove Pension Solutions were. … Their staff are very knowledgeable, professional and friendly, not something other companies offer these days.
The Grove Pension Release company are very helpful who go through every aspect step by step so that you understand. … The service you get is A1 and the staff are polite and helpful in every way. The response and service I got was second to none.
Found your service to be very professional. Your staff were polite and friendly ready to explain / clarify any query I had relating to release of my pension fund(s). Even went the ‘extra mile’ to update me via phone and text.
I found your service first class with friendly polite staff. All questions I had were answered. It was nice to be with a company that did not hard sell. Most refreshing.
From the moment I went on to the website with Grove, right to the end of my pension dealings. They’ve acted in a very professional way with myself, I would recomend them to any person who – like me – needs much needed help on pension release. Well done to everyone at Grove, you deserve a pat on the back, thank you.
I would recommend your services to anyone. A good job well done. Thanks.
I found your service to be very professional. The people I had contact with were very patient and understanding.
The advisor explained everything and took time to make sure I understood what he had said. Service provided prompt information clear and easy to understand. Staff polite at all times. Everything they said would happen did in time frame told.
Your staff gave me so much relief and I would like it known that your staff are helpful, understanding, and make the whole process easier than I thought it would be. I am so so happy to have put this in your company’s hands.
GROVE SUPPORTED CHARITIES
Grove actively support the following charities and institutions