Job Title: Pension Transfer Specialist and Financial Adviser
Purpose of the Role: Act as a investment adviser in accordance with the responsibilities set out below (CF 30).
Skills and Knowledge:
- Appropriate qualifications as required by FCA and GPS to carry out regulated activities under supervision.
- Assessed as competent to transact business under supervision
- To maintain competence to give investment advice by undertaking appropriate training. CPD and ongoing knowledge updates.
- Must maintain up to date knowledge on pension rules and legislation.
- Must maintain up to date knowledge on state benefits and the impact of capital and income.
- Understand the conduct of business process as set out in Grove’s Business Process
Treat Customers Fairly
Ensure that all customers are treated fairly
Ensure that the Consumer Outcomes are met at all times. These are:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Conduct of Business
Establish contact with potential clients.
Explain, where appropriate/available, the difference between an ‘execution only’ service and ‘full advice’.
Obtain the appropriate Know Your Client information to enable a full analysis of the clients’ needs objectives and circumstances to be conducted.
Construct appropriate solutions using the information obtained and the principles of suitable advice.
Produce the appropriate recommendations to necessary standards and implement solutions agreed with clients.
Ensure the correctness of the application of the transfer value analysis system, where applicable, the merits of the proposed transaction and the suitability of the recommendation;
Provide the appropriate advice to the customer.
Design and construct the appropriate suitability report for the customer.
Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the advisory process, operating at all times within the principles and rules of the FSA
Compare the benefits likely (on reasonable assumptions) to be paid under a pension scheme with the benefits afforded by existing pension arrangements
Ensure that that comparison includes enough information for the client to be able to make an informed decision;
Give the client details of the comparison, drawing the client’s attention to the factors that do and do not support the firm’s advice, no later than when the key features document is provided; and
Take reasonable steps to ensure that the client understands the comparison and its advice.
The comparison should:
- take into account all of the retail client’s relevant circumstances;
- have regard to the benefits and options available under the ceding scheme and the effect of replacing them with the benefits and options under the proposed scheme; and
- explain any assumptions on which it is based and the rates of return that would have to be achieved to replicate the benefits being given up.
- Consider the client’s attitude to risk in relation to the rate of investment growth that would have to be achieved to replicate the benefits being given up.
Ensure maintenance of competence by constantly reviewing own training needs and, in conjunction with your supervisor, addressing those needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
Completion of the diploma level adviser qualification within 4 years.
Standards to keep
You will need to meet the regulators’ and our standards in the following areas in order to maintain authorisation to act as a financial adviser for Grove:
- Client interaction
- Business quality
- Business production
- Being a team player
- Developing your own competence
1. Client interaction
To ensure all client interviews and telephone calls are conducted appropriately
To ensure all administration, i.e. documents and research (fact-finds, reports, suitability and product confirmation letters), are completed in accordance with necessary standards.
3. Business quality
To ensure that our business quality standards are achieved (service standards).
4. Business production
Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and client is prioritised based on need.
5. Being a team player
To actively build constructive relationships with other members of staff (supervisor, manager,
colleagues) and external colleagues.
6. Developing your own competence
Ensuring all knowledge is kept up-to-date by referencing pensions publications, attending seminars and undertaking exams.
Careers at Grove Pension Solutions
Defined benefit pension transfers are a very specialised area of regulated business. Here at Grove we are always looking for good quality people to come and work with us; whether that is a junior looking for their first office employment, right up to experienced and qualified compliance officers and advisers.
Given the nature of what we do, our emphasis is on professionalism and accuracy, however, we also strive to achieve a friendly and collegiate working environment with an atmosphere and environment that is pleasant to work in.
We are constantly looking to recruit a variety of candidates with experience within DB transfers, if you believe this is you then please get in touch below.
Grove Pension Solutions Ltd
GROVE’S EXPERIENCE IN NUMBERS
of pension funds transferred
transfers successfully completed
professional introducers already registered
years specialist pension transfer experience
Thoroughly recommended, nothing to much trouble, always there to give advice, always dealt with the same person at all times. Very glad that I used this company.
The whole experience was comprehensive and informative. I was never put under pressure, and the whole procedure was conducted professional, with feedback. Everything that I was told would be done was done in the time frame that I was advised of.
You were the only company to explain it (advice) to me in a way I could understand … I contacted several IFA’s and they were all very unhelpful. … I am delighted I chose Grove, very professional, polite company. Thanks so much!
I found your service to be very professional. The people I had contact with were very patient and understanding.
I would recommend your services to anyone. A good job well done. Thanks.
At all stages I was completely satisfied with the help I got. At every stage I was made aware of any pro’s and con’s of pension release.
When I made my initial enquiry via the Grove Website I received a response within 30 minutes. I realised straightaway that I was dealing with a highly professional operation. From beginning to end my case was handled with utmost speed and courtesy. I would highly recommend your services to anyone thinking of releasing their pension.
I found your staff very helpful and professional at all times. The advisor concerned did everything in his power to speed up the process as I had wanted to use the funds to attend my son’s wedding (abroad). The deadline was met and I was able to achieve my goal. The advisor went out of his way to ensure I was fully briefed and had considered all options before making my decision, thank you again.
….what can I say. This company has been a breath of fresh air. I fully recommend any one considering any form of financial planning to contact Grove Pension Release. In plain English, those people are “NOT” cowboys. Thank you for all your help.
GROVE SUPPORTED CHARITIES
Grove actively support the following charities and institutions